Afternoon Mixed Media Makers, today it’s my turn to share with you a project that you could recreate yourself in our Featured Tuesday series.
I wanted to use a couple of the New ABstudio Items I had purchased from the I Love Mixed Media website and I few items from the garden and a glass jar.
This is my way of holding onto summer a little longer.
From my stash
- Purple holographic foil
- Glass Jar
- Hessian Twine
- Fairy Wings & Mermaid Sparkle Finnabair Sparks Paints
Items from I Love Mixed Media
- Everything listed in the “products used” section below
Top Tip – Use clear gesso first if you want to add colour to acetate. I did this to the butterflies to add extra colour to under side of the butterflies.
Step by Step
- Spread some of the paste around the bottom of the jar and up around the back of the jar. Leave to dry, then spray over the area with the green spray. Wipe any spray off the surrounding glass. Wind some twine around the top of the jar.
- Use a warm iron to transfer the purple foil the the Creative Foil Butterflies. Cut out the butterflies then paint the underside with clear gesso. Once dry paint them with the different colours of sparks paints. Leave to dry.
- Fussy cut out the Flowers and leaves you want to use from the Lucky to be sheet.
- Find the right shape twig to fit in the jam jar and decorate with the butterflies, flowers and leaves. I used hot glue for this.
- Add some stones and moss to the bottom of the jar then push in the decorated twig.
- The jar was glued to a piece of wood I had found and some moss and little mushrooms were added.
Would love to know your thoughts on this. Xx
About the Author
Design Team Member
Hello there, like many people I’ve been crafting for many years, first starting with making cards then moving onto different paper crafts and now Mixed Media. I have a passion for creating 3D art, using items that can be re-cycled from home, lots of fussy cutting and using moulds. I’m happiest when I’m crafting, especially experimenting with something new and then passing on what I have learnt to others.