Good morning everyone, I’m so pleased to Introduce Emma Goddard to you this morning as our very first member to create and write the first “Made by me” post for ILMM.
I think you will agree this is a stunning piece created by Emma using products from the website.
Over to you Emma…
I created this piece using the awesome ‘Sea World’ Maxi Mould by Stamperia…
It was not that long ago that I actually realised that you can use resin in these so I just can’t get enough of these moulds, check them out on the website here.
- I took a rectangle piece of corrugated cardboard, sponged with black gesso… This give a bit of texture. I coloured with various Seth Apter Izink sprays and Finnabair waxes.
- I cast the awesome octopus and starfish with resin, the left over I just poured onto my brown craft sheet and sprinkled on the stones and left to cure.
- I had casts from the KSD mould ‘Rusty Pipes’ and some MDF cogs… I sponged with black gesso and coloured using the Izink sprays and waxes.
- To colour the octopus I sponged with white gesso and using Raw Umber acrylic paint and Prussian Blue acrylic paint, used the Finnabair waxes to highlight and lowlight and dry brushed with pēbēo bronze gilding wax.
- The star fish was coloured by using the paint and wipe off technique using the Raw Umber acrylic paint.
- The resin I poured, once cured, I sprayed with the Izink sprays.
- I assembled the project, added more of the stones, added some ILMM Rust Style Embossing Powder randomly to the cogs and pipes and looped the chain.
- Izink Sprays
- Antique Peal
- Blue moon
- Sea Stay