Good afternoon Mixed Media Lovers. I have so enjoyed making this project for today’s I Love Mixed Media DT Featured Tuesday! As it’s a 3D project I have lots of photos and a step by step to share with you as well as a short video. If you would like to see more, I did start this project off last week on the DT Live last Monday.
From my stash
- Wood off cuts and Wood Slices
- Deer Moss
- Mini Seed heads, Toadstools and Pumpkin
- Lolly Sticks and Wire
- Book Pages
- Brown & Green Paint
Items from I Love Mixed Media
- Variety of Lindy’s Sprays and Embossing Powders
- Everything listed in the “products used” section below
Step by Step
Please watch the FB Live for lots more detail
- Make up some lace with the Stamperia mould and cream paste, and some of the windows and doors with the paper clay. Leave to dry. Once the lace has dried cut off the top part to use on the roof of the pumpkin house. Colour with the Lindy’s sprays.
- Cover the Pumpkin with strips of old book papers to create some texture. Once dry give it a coat of white Gesso and leave to dry.
- Paint the wooden base green then go back and paint the Pumpkin with the Orange paint and add some of the green spray to the bottom of the Pumpkin.
- Paint the piece of Wood Green then paint the moulded door and windows brown and stick in place onto the pumpkin. Once dry stick the pumpkin and wood piece together.
- Cut out a piece of card and glue to the bottom of the pumpkin house. This will give a better surface to add glue to when fitting it in place on the base.
- Create steps using the wood slices, stick these to the wooden base then stick the pumpkin house onto the top step.
- Now for the fun part of decorating the house. I used the chunky embossing powder to create colour and texture on the top of the pumpkin as well as making a roof using the lace and them added moss.
- Painted seed heads, pumpkin, toadstool and mushrooms were added around the house as well as small stones and metal beads. A fence was made from lolly sticks and wire to finish off the garden scene as well as a Welcome sign.
About the Author
Design Team Member
Hello there, like many people I’ve been crafting for many years, first starting with making cards then moving onto different paper crafts and now Mixed Media. I have a passion for creating 3D art, using items that can be re-cycled from home, lots of fussy cutting and using moulds. I’m happiest when I’m crafting, especially experimenting with something new and then passing on what I have learnt to others.